As seen on aquasistemas.mx– 22 July 2015
Note: The original was in Spanish and has been translated using Google Translate
Contractor: Air Service (Mxli) | Engineering Firm: Mega Projects (Mxli)
The Center for Technical Education and Superior (CETYS University) is an educational institution of excellence, located in the state of Baja California, Mexico. That has always been at the forefront, facing the challenges of a changing world. This has been one of the characteristic features of CETYS in more than 50 years of work. In its mission to bring international quality education to young Baja California, the institution is constantly evolving. For these reasons a physical restructuring of the campus, with new spaces and high-tech equipment began. Areas designed specifically for the needs of students, transforming the concept of university life in the region.
To supply the total square meters of campus along with its expansion, 2000 tons of air conditioning is needed. Which will be installed in stages, according to the projection of the campus.
Designing a system of variable pump, able to adapt to changes in demand by occupation, and in the future to meet the ASHRAE 90.1 standard to apply for a LEED certification.
They focused on the pumping area, projected:
- Secondary circuit: 2 vertical line Pumps 4300 Design Envelope (60 HP) / Model 0610-060.0Each pump was selected to handle: 1000gpm @ 178 ft with premium motor efficiency inverter duty, frequency inverter factory installed and programmed with technology DESIGN ENVELOPE IVS sensorless , suction diffuser valve and triple use.
- Primary circuit: 2 vertical in-line pumps 4300 / Model 8x8x10 (30HP)Each pump was selected to handle: 1400gpm @ 62 ft with premium motor efficiency inverter ready, suction diffuser valve and triple use.FOR MORE PHOTOS CLICK ON ANY PROJECT DA CIRCLE:
The results for choosing a system variable speed pump in the secondary circuit, with constant speed, as detailed below:
Before (Constant): 56.05 hp (41.76Kw) full load.
Now (Variable): 57.16 hp (42.65Kw) full load, 14.29 hp (10.65Kw) @ 50% of demand.
Click on the image >>>
The value added by using Design Envelope IVS is:
3 years warranty on pump and VFD (variable frequency) integrated flow meter , a savings of $ 1.800 dlls pump. Meter Kw represents a savings of $ 120 dlls pump |. The VFD to be assembled and factory wiring , $ 0 expense in labor for installation.
- Return on investment of less than 1.5 years.
- 10-year projected savings of $ 86.790 dlls pump (present value) into electrical energy.
- Design Envelope IVS contributes LEED points.
Comprehensive Aquasistemas participated in the supply and selection of these teams ARMSTRONG brand, for any questions or chilled water systems, contact us, send an e- pumping an engineer or telephone: (686)556-7423 (Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico).